Monday, June 19, 2017

Whitehorse to Wasilla, Alaska -- LONG day driving

Drove about 750 miles today from Whitehorse into Alaska and down to Wasilla (home of Sarah Palin). Lost another hour of time. I figure the soon meeting up with the new group was top on my agenda. We are meeting in Seward tomorrow. I have good Verizon coverage in Wasilla and think it will be good to Seward.

A beautiful drive..... roads were horrible.... the worst I have ever been on.  Before getting to Alaska there were several places of one lane dirt construction sites for both coming and going traffic.  There is a photo below.

Am tired so this is it for the day.  Hopefully, tomorrow will begin a new adventure.


This young thing was with a group and as soon as I took this they fled. Have no idea what this is.


Taken right before Haines Junction. My view of the morning



View right before enter Alaska


Debbie this is for you -- Open Range... Horses everywhere

One lane dirt construction area -- see the truck coming my way. Nobody was directing traffic on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. I've always heard about the bad roads which is caused by permafrost. But the scenery is still so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! The animal is a female elk. Slow down and enjoy what's around each bend.

    ReplyDelete

You must have a Google Account to comment.