Friday, August 11, 2017

Moving on..... James Robb State Park in Fruita, CO



Laura and I left Wolford Campground Wednesday had lunch in Silverthorne then went out different routes (she is headed down to New Mexico and I'm headed to visit Leslie and April for a week or so).

Checked into James Robb State Park in Fruita, Colorado today (Friday) for 4 nights. Nice paved roads in the campground with level concrete pads to park on, fire pit and covered picnic table with gravel area. If you don't camp you have no idea how wonderful this is. Am able to get 30 tv stations with my antenna -- which is GREAT as rain is expected every afternoon (and that is good as it keeps the temps down).

Supposedly, the Dinosaur Museum is within walking distance..... we'll see tomorrow. Great mountain views -- only thing I don't like is.... showers are NOT free. It's $1 for 4 minutes then 25 cent for each minute thereafter -- and this is on top of a $7 daily vehicle fee that is in addition to $24 daily camping rate (and a $10 reservation fee). This is probably the most expensive State Park I've stayed in. Just glad I can shower in Yoda III.


Wolford Campground -- we are parked on the water

My site for 4 days... great views when afternoon storms came through

My view after a storm passed -- sun was setting

We saw rainbows each afternoon after the storms -- sometimes a double rainbow

Early morning view as I was packing up to leave

My site at James Robb State Park -- site 26

View from my site at James Robb State Park

An OLD RV I saw sitting in a service shop parking lot

More buttons and switches than I would know what to do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You must have a Google Account to comment.