Saturday, March 18, 2017

Don't want to wish my life away, but....



Sitting here thinking, "Oh, how I wish it was time to head out for Alaska." Not to wish the rest of March, April and May away but, just the thought of climbing in Yoda's seat and heading away seems like a faraway dream. 

Of course, there are things planned between now and then I'm looking forward to. Gonna leave in a couple weeks for at least a month in North Carolina. I love spending time on The Richardson's Farm at Lizard Lick with family and friends. Watch Rosie and Shane (great niece and nephew) grow a little more (ages 5 and almost 2). Then there are things I am not looking forward to -- time for a colonoscopy! Maybe visit my doctor for blood tests to see if using tumeric and Ceylon cinnamon  (in raw form) for the past 90 days show any changed results. You read so much it's hard to know what works for you ....or not!

Tumeric is supposedly an anti-cancer agent as well as a powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. Cinnamon can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors, and has a plethora of other impressive health benefits. My routine is  1/2 teaspoon of tumeric and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, along with a teaspoon of raw organic honey, in my first of coffee each morning.

Got to always do maintenance on the ole body in order to maintain traveling as I age on into the sunset.

Oh well, just thoughts of the day! Time to get up and do something constructive!

1 comment:

  1. I've been using tumeric for almost 2 years since I have arthritis the ugly kind, I never heard of the cinnamon maybe I should try that for my blood sugar levels.

    I also right now am so ready for some kind of trip myself and I think I am almost ready to give my new bed a try. Hope we both get out and have some safe fun travels

    ReplyDelete

You must have a Google Account to comment.